Saturday, May 22, 2004

Nooter family web sites

Dear Friends and Family,
 
I finally have internet access at home!  It took 4 months, but it was worth the wait.  Most of the internet providers here are really bad, but Rob managed to find the cream of the crop and has both the office and our house hooked up to the rest of the world via satellite.  I've been online for a full week, and I have to say, my life feels so much more organized now that I can do my banking, e-mailing, and even the Washington Post crossword puzzle from the comfort of my house.  I've been scheduling safaris for June and August, and setting up two websites (with the help of Mark Heringer) so that we can post our letters home and PICTURES!!!
These sites are in their infancy, so don't expect much yet, but if you'd like to read all my past "Friends & Family" e-mails, you can do so at http://nooter.blogspot.com/.   I've posted a few pictures to the other site, and hope to get Rob working on this later today.  You can see them at http://nooter.textamerica.com/.  I'm going to try to put more photos on the site, and if you have any suggestions of something or someone you'd like to see, please let me know and we'll get the digital out and fire away.
 
On the flip side, just for comic relief, I guess - we already got a virus (which I have cleaned up).  Wouldn't you know Austin would get on the internet to find some codes he needs to play some of the games on the PS2, and he'd get a virus, Trojan, worm, whatever.  It changed the startup page that the Internet Explorer used when going onto the internet.  The page displayed a supposed "Letter from your Internet Provider Consultant" and recommended that you download a program to block pop up ads - which it then proceeded to display by the zillions - most of them inappropriate.  Great, there's my 8 year old looking at things he shouldn't see the very first time he goes on the net!   I cleaned it up and reset the startup page, but what a pain.  Welcome to the internet!
 
Otherwise, we're doing fine.  We have some friends from Church coming to visit us in June, right when school ends, so we're scheduling a safari!  The kids are very excited to see their "old" friends, and we're going to a new Park that has both bush and ocean.  You can do driving game tours, walking game tours, boat game tours, hang on the beach, go snorkeling, you name it.  All from this one park.  This is going to be great!  And it will be even better because we can share the experience with friends. 
 
Also, both of Rob's brothers and their families are coming in August.  We're planning a big safari then, too, and hope to have a repeat performance of the safari we took in April, plus more!  I'm having a ball working on this with them - and loving the ability to have nearly daily e-mail conversations with them for the first time in 4 months.  
 
So, that's about it.  Please drop me a line, we'd love to hear from you.  I promise that I'll respond much more reliably than in the past 4 months.  Also, suggestions of things you'd like to see on the picture site will be a great help.  Hope everyone is well and saving up for visits to Tanzania!
 
Barb  
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home